Frequently Asked Questions
Which workshops should I choose?
Choose category 1 workshops if you are new to the IB or if your situation is similar to any of the following:
• You are new to the faculty of a longstanding IB World School and have not taught in an IB programme previously.
• You are aware of the IB philosophy and programme structure but are not experienced in teaching or administering the IB.
• You are familiar with the IB subject guide (including assessment procedures, moderation) and would like greater confidence before teaching a course.
• You have inherited a course and would like a review before teaching it to suit your own style and expertise.
Choose category 2 workshops to develop your expertise in delivering an IB programme. You will have an opportunity to:
• make connections between programme frameworks and classroom practice
• enhance your understanding of assessment in IB programmes
• discuss and analyze standards and practices
Choose category 3 workshops to go more deeply into areas you enjoy and to deepen your understanding and mastery of a particular area or subject.
How Do I Register?
- From our home page, click on View All FLIBS Events.
- Find the workshop you wish to register for and click on it.
- When you have read the information and policies about the workshop, click on Register.
- You will come to a page with a blank field for the attendee's email address. It is important that we have that person's email address as the system will not allow duplicate emails for the attendee. Please note the IB/Curriculum Coordinators email can be duplicated. Please click on the Proceed button.
- The following screen will have blank field for name, contact phone number and school information. If the attendee's email address is already in the system, his/her information will automatically be entered in the fields. Please verify all of the information. Once all of the contact information is entered, select the subject from the drop-down menu and enter the experience level for the attendee.
- Review the cancellation policy then click on the button that says I have read and agreed to the policies.
- The next page is a summary of your registration and a link to print out an invoice and the option to pay online.
- As soon after you register as possible, you will need to email or mail your purchase order or check.
Additional Registration Questions
- I am an IB coordinator. Can I register more than one teacher at a time?
Currently, each teacher has to be entered separately.
- What if I don't have a PO or check?
You may reserve a seat in our workshop, and you will receive a Notice of Enrollment. Payment must be received within 60 days of the original enrollment date; otherwise, the reservation may be subject to cancellation.
Payments are accepted through the on-line payment system in the form of all major credit cards. We also accept wire transfers, money orders and checks by mail to: Florida League of IB Schools, P.O. Box 551, Williston, Florida 32696 (USA). For wire transfer information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purchase orders may be sent via email to email@example.com or visit our contact form.
- I need to send some people to training, but I don't know who can attend. Can I just reserve some seats?
We require that you enter a name and e-mail address for each participant. However, this information can be changed at a later date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The seat will be confirmed once FLIBS has received a payment via credit card, check or purchase order.
- What if I register someone who subsequently changes his/her mind or cannot attend? Our CANCELLATION POLICY:
|Cancellations More than 15 days before the workshop
||--$50.00 service fee, regardless of whether we have received payment
|Cancellations 15 or Fewer days before the workshop
||--50% refund of the current registration fee. If we have not received payment, you are still responsible for this fee
|No shows to workshop (not present for first session)
||--No refund. If we have not received payment, you are still responsible for the entire registration fee
NB: FLIBS reserves the right to modify these policies under circumstances that we consider to be extraordinary.
Why do we charge when people cancel?
- FLIBS has created workshop materials for the cancelling registrant
- FLIBS has hired workshop leaders based upon this registrant's promise to attend
- FLIBS has, in the case of late cancellations, lost the income from a waitlisted participant
- What if I am wait listed? Wait listed requests are processed in the order they are received. We will notify wait listed participants via email (sent to the participant as well as to the IB Coordinator) if a seat becomes available. Either the participant or the IB Coordinator must accept or decline the seat in writing (via email) within five days of notification.
- To find information on earning graduate education credit, go to http://www.kent.edu/ehhs/offices/pd/international-baccalaureate.